10/6/09

Happy Birthday Gwen!


This past weekend on October 3, Gwen Stefani turned the big 4-0, yet to me she is still the young ska girl and lead singer of No Doubt. Not only is she one of my personal favorite musicians, she is an example of an artist that stays true to who she is.

I saw No Doubt’s reunion tour over the summer and it was one of the most exciting and fabulously fun concerts I have ever been to. Unlike most musicians today who like to shy away from playing the songs that made them famous, No Doubt relishes in it. Even when Stefani went solo releasing two albums and had amazing success with it, she returned to her friends and first love.

She is a success in every way possible. Her marriage to Gavin Rossdale seems to be going strong, she’s an attentive mother of two, her music career has lasted more than 10 years, and her fashion line L.A.M.B. is ridiculous. I wish more girls would look up to Gwen Stefani and realize what a powerhouse she is.

Gwen, I wish you more happy birthdays to come and I can’t wait to see what you come up with next! Hopefully it’s a new album.

-Rachel H.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Joyous said...

40! Plastic surgery? Anything? Her skin is still beautiful!

Tony from No Doubt said...

Photography does wonders, but she does look pretty fabulous still. Holler back girl!

Anonymous said...

I just saw some pretty old footage of her singing on stage w/ Sublime. She was so bad ass. Like a sexy pitbull or something when she was singing:)