2/12/08

And the Album of the Year Goes to Herbie Hancock!

Herbie Hancock shakes things up at the Grammy's this year as he takes home the Grammy for Album of the Year. It has been over 40 years since a jazz artist has won best album! Shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake...shake it Herbie...shake it Herbie.

I admit that I have not listened to much of Herbie Hancock's music but I immediately jumped on itunes to listen to his award winning album, River: The Joni Letters. I quickly was drawn into these tracks that feature recognizable artists including, Joni Mitchell, Corinne Bailey Ray, Norah Jones and Tina Turner. I would definitely say that I am hooked on Hancock's genre-stretching music.

The 50th Grammy Awards: A victory for Herbie Hancock and a victory for jazz.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

La Nouvelle Orleans Film said...

Herbie Handcock has been a innovator in his field for a long time and a musical powerhouse. I respect his work and he definitely deserves the best!