9/16/08

That Thing That Separates Us From the Rest


As I look at entertainment and its boundaries, I see they are more blurred than ever.

Justin Timberlake has a new project that combines different art forms into one central arena. In this project, he portrays himself as a rough guy with a tough girlfriend. He comes at us under an edgy alter-ego named, William Rast.

William and his chick, Birdie’s objectives are to sell clothes ‘bad’ style. They will do whatever it takes to sell designer duds and the public is invited to watch a series of trailers that revolve around danger, excitement, romance and sex. The short scenes don’t bring the clothes to the forefront yet; the attachments to the characters are being developed. Are William and Birdie attachable? Hell yeah!

I spent some time on the website, getting a look and feel of the whole image. I gazed objectively at what it has to offer the eye and psyche. Amazingly enough, I found myself eagerly anticipating the next installment of his life. Believe it or not, I am itching to buy some of the clothing items too.

How could this happen to me? I have my Visa card on my lap as I write this article and I’m not the one who makes emotional purchases just because I get a whiff of boy toy, Justin Timberlake disguised as someone else.

Why can’t I tear myself away? I seem to be captivated by the blurry images blending together in a smart way that is intriguing. Oh no, it’s must be me that’s searching for that ‘new thing’, that thing that separates us from the rest…

Jodi
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

courtney said...

I might do anything for Justin Timberlake.

Okay, maybe not. (maybe.)

But I find myself susceptible to this kind of stuff all the time-- I'm an avid One Tree Hill fan, and especially starting with last season, the show has had me coveting designer clothes, when before I could have cared less. I wanna be a classy-rock indie label execute like Peyton! I want Haley's hair. I want Brooke's super short shorts classed up with heels and deep blue silk blouse.

Yeah. This JT campaign is going to be successful. There's no question about it.