9/2/08

Shinedown lets fans interact and tell their stories...


For those of you who have picked up Shinedown's third album "The Sound of Madness" or listened to select tracks on MySpace, you've already found delight in getting blown away by the new songs. The stand out track called Second Chance tells a story many can relate to. Due to the songs rising popularity the band had a unique chance to connect with fans by letting them post about a time in their life they where they had been given or gave a second chance. With plans underway to use the content in the music video, this should turn out to be a great fan experience.

The post has become the most popular one on their site. Many of these stories are by those who've had hard fought struggles and endured a lifetime of pain in order to rise up above the water they were once drowning in.
"Tell my mother, tell my father
I've done the best I can to make them realize
This is my life, I hope they understand
I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance"

-Kyle
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: